Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Academic Shoot

Rule of Thirds:

1. For this image, I followed the rule of thirds.
2. The subject is the girl taking a picture.
3. Yes, I think the subject of the photo is easily identifiable.
4. The subject is already clear, I don't need to do anything different.

Simplicity:

1. For this image, I followed the rule of simplicity.
2. The subject is the cup of paint-water.
3. The subject isn't very clear, the colorful paints clash with it.
4. To improve my photo, I could replace the paints with something less dynamic or completely remove them.

Framing:

1. For this image, I followed the rule of framing.
2. The subject is the girl turned around in the center of the class.
3. I think it's pretty easy to tell she's the subject, but the other people draw attention away from her.
4. To improve it, I could wait until there's only a single person in my shot.

Balance:

1. For this image, I followed the rule of balance.
2. The subjects are the two students sitting and drawing.
3. Yes, I think the subject of the photo is very apparent.
4. The subject is already clear, I don't need to do anything different.

Lines:

1. For this image, I followed the rule of using lines.
2. The subject of this picture is the panel of windows at the end of the hallway.
3. I think it's semi-clear, but it could've been improved.
4. I could get closer to the windows or maybe have someone stand in front of them and have them be the subject instead.

Merger:

1. For this image, I intentionally shot a merger photo.
2. The subject is the one girl sitting on the grass.
3. She's not clear because she is merging with the tree, it's almost entirely covering her up.
4. To improve, I could have the girl sit in a clear patch of grass with no trees or other obstacles around.

3 comments:

  1. That picture of the paint is the coolest i've seen on someones blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time that you take pictures, try and avoid taking pictures through windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The paint picture was really good.

    ReplyDelete